PRODUCT INFORMATION AND SAFETY WARNING
- Crystalline silica in dust or respirable form (described as Microcrystalline Silica (respirable crystalline fraction) (“silica dust”) can be generated when quarry materials are crushed, cut, drilled, sawed, broken up, ground or transported.
- Silica dust (so described) is classified as a hazardous chemical by Safe Work Australia. Cystalline silica is also listed in Schedule 14 the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017 (NSW) as a hazardous chemical that requires health monitoring.
- Appropriate respiratory protective equipment (RPE) must be used in accordance with AS/NZS1715:2009 and A/NZS1716:2012 when working with or near silica dust to minimise the effects of potential exposure.
- Exposure to high levels of silica dust can irritate the skin, eyes and throat. Prolonged or repeated exposure to high levels of silica dust can lead to lung disease and cause cancer. Steps should be taken to wash or rinse any affected areas of the body and move straight to fresh air. To prevent extended exposure appropriate RPE and, if necessary, other personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used at all times.
- On delivery of the above product immediately after the product is weighed and this delivery docket is completed, risk and responsibility for safe handling and use of the product is transferred to the Customer and/or its carrier.
6. Material safety data sheets (MSDSs) are available from the site office on request and can also be viewed at and downloaded from Walker Quarries website.